ProductionHUB is the online marketplace for Broadcast TV, Motion Picture, Pro Video, Live Event, Corporate & Digital Media Production, and our blog is our way of providing new and engaging info to our ProHUBbers across the globe.
We’d love to read your advice, tips and reviews on all things production/industry related, and we look forward to reviewing your content. Before hitting the submit button, please review our guidelines before you start blogging away.
ProHUB Blog Guidelines:
* Include jpeg image(s) with your text. No images larger than 350x350 please!
* Keep your submission between 200 – 1,000 words.
* Create your own content. Read our blog before submitting to make sure the content is relevant for our users. Be sincere and honest but try not to be offensive.
* Check your submission for spelling and grammatical errors.
* Include a small bio (75 words max) with headshot.
* Respond to necessary comments the users may have about your blog
* Promote your blog with the ProHUB Badge. Add the badge to your email signature, and on your own blog, if you have one. If your blog gets published, send an email to your mailing list and share with your social media friends too! (Psst: The most insightful and popular blogs will be in the running for our inaugural ProHUB Blog Editor’s Choice Awards at year’s end.)
* Post material that is unlawful, abusive, defamatory, invasive of another’s privacy, or obscene to a reasonable person.
* Promote personal or non-production/industry related news, products, events, reviews & topics. (In other words, don’t try to sell that old VHS player on our blog.)
* Copy and paste marketing collateral or press releases.
* Make false accusations about a guest blogger or ProductionHUB.
* Fabricate events, reviews, or any material at all for that matter.
* Plagiarize. Plagiarism is not permitted. When quoting others, please site your sources accordingly.
* When quoting any other blog or publication, be sure to provide a link to the original, and use quotation marks or block quotes (for longer texts).
* When using a photograph that is not your own. Be sure to obtain permission when using a photograph and cite photographer. If you can’t, provide a source or appropriate link.
* Make sure to add single spacing after periods only.
(Control + F the two spaces after period then replace with period with only one space, for web.)
* Bold, italicize and underline before submitting. We do not have time to make minor post-publish edits.
* Left align your stories
Some topics we like to post on our blog (hint, hint) are:
* Product reviews and How-To’s
* Production tips, tricks, news / announcements and industry trends
* News about upcoming industry shows (ex: TechWeek, NAB, Siggraph, etc.)
* Film Festivals attended and highlights/facts covered from panels attended.
(Ex: Cannes Film Festival, Tribeca Film Festival, Florida Film Festival etc.)
* We are open to other media besides text: feel free to submit a relevant infographic, submit a relevant video interview or amazing photograph taken behind the scenes/on set.
ProductionHUB reserves the right to approve and/or edit blogs before they’re posted.
ProductionHUB reserves the right to refuse publication, remove blog content and change our guidelines as we see fit.
Final Piece of Advice:
Please use your best judgment when submitting a blog entry. Double check your content for tone, grammar, appropriateness and accuracy before submitting to us.
Thank you for all you to do keep the production industry entertained and informed!
Please contact email@example.com for additional questions, blog ideas or to find more information on how to receive your ProHUB Blog Contributor Badge.