by Katrina Diamond
I don’t know if it’s the candy corn, the pumpkin-flavored everything, or the fact that we can dig into old props reminiscent of days on set- whatever it is, it’s no secret many video production pros LOVE Halloween.
We chatted with Marlon Heimerl of HalloweenCostumes.com for some costume ideas & DIY inspirations that may tickle your creative bone. Also make sure to check out the amazing prop houses in our directory including Arch Production & Design NYC Inc. and Custom Movie Props.
New / Trending:
* Our tutorial on creating a PSY Gangnam Style costume from scratch where our VP of Marketing stirred things up: http://www.halloweencostumes.com/blog/post/2012/09/26/how-to-create-a-psy-gangam-style-costume.aspx
* “Overly attached Girlfriend” Meme would be easy to do just stick cardboard behind head with the text, have that crazed expression with maybe wig turquoise t-shirt and voila! http://www.quickmeme.com/Overly-Attached-Girlfriend/
* For 50 Shades of grey, I have a few ideas that while not necessarily creatable on our site, could be done with creativity:
-50 pairs of sunglasses, aka: “Shades”
-Could get 50 different grey accessories of any kind, like:
This grey wig: http://www.halloweencostumes.com/acc-auntie-em-wig.html
…and the grey beard would be good additions: http://www.halloweencostumes.com/grey-wizard-beard-and-mustache.html
-This costume could also make an interesting base if you lost the tinman hat: http://www.halloweencostumes.com/sexy-tin-man-costume.html
- For guys, they could wear this grey suit for a base costume as well: http://www.halloweencostumes.com/plus-size-grey-suit-costume.html
…Or you could get a grey dress suit, grey shirt, grey tie, grey gloves, grey glasses, etc. etc.
* #NotImpressed Kayla Maroney Gymnast: http://memegenerator.net/Makayla-Maroney
- A Nike jacket would probably be the best route on this one, with hair tight in bun and an medal around the neck. Guys could jokingly pull this off too. As long as you got the face expression and crossed arms down.
* Honey Boo Boo & Family- if you can pull it off, just genius. http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/tv/here-comes-honey-boo-boo/about-here-comes-honey-boo-boo.htm
New Twists on the Classics
* The Miss Scissorhands Costume: http://www.halloweencostumes.com/miss-scissorhands-costume.html
* The Miss Krueger Costume: http://www.halloweencostumes.com/miss-krueger-costume.html
* Sexy Beetlejuice: http://www.halloweencostumes.com/sexy-beetlejuice-costume.html
* The Sexy Jason Vorhees Costume: http://www.halloweencostumes.com/sexy-jason-voorhees-costume.html
Super Current (for ladies)
* Hunger Games: our tutorial on creating a Katniss costume from scratch should come in handy: http://www.halloweencostumes.com/blog/post/2012/09/27/how-to-create-a-katniss-costume-from-the-hunger-games.aspx
* Halfling Feet (will become current again this year with the release of The Hobbit): http://www.halloweencostumes.com/acc-funny-feet-male.html
* Dark Knight Rises’ Catwoman http://www.halloweencostumes.com/deluxe-dark-knight-catwoman-costume.html
Super Current (for men)
* Unemployed Bum Big Bird http://www.halloweencostumes.com/adult-big-bird-costume.html
* Magic Mike Crew? Haha http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2370876672/tt1915581
* Top Gun Flight suit (this one is a classic that never loses its appeal): http://www.halloweencostumes.com/mens-top-gun-flight-suit.html
* Dumb and Dumber: http://www.halloweencostumes.com/orange-dumb-dumber-lloyd-costume.html
* Swedish Chef: http://www.halloweencostumes.com/swedish-chef-costume.html
* Prop replica Mockinjay Pin: http://www.halloweencostumes.com/prop-replica-mockingjay-pin.html
* Fourth Doctor Who Long Scarf: http://www.halloweencostumes.com/fourth-doctor-who-long-scarf.html
* Finn Adventure Time Fleece Hat: http://www.halloweencostumes.com/finn-adventure-time-fleece-hat.html
* The Solo-wheel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVcszTuGllg
* Digital Dudz: A free app (for iOS or Android): snag a custom designed t-shirt and duct-tape your phone or tablet to the inside of it. The app has 21 different animations and videos that bring the t-shirts to life by animating the eyes, inserting a beating heart, or doing other freaky things.
* Adult Nerd Costume Kit: http://www.halloweencostumes.com/adult-nerd-costume-kit.html
* Duplicate content (internet): Could have two people dress in the same costume
* White Hat/Black Hat (SEO Pun): http://www.halloweencostumes.com/white-fedora-hat.html
* Spam (another internet pun): http://www.halloweencostumes.com/adult-spam-can-costume.html
* USB Port & Drive Costume: http://www.halloweencostumes.com/usb-port-and-drive-costume.html
Last, T-Shirt costumes are perfect for the busy, white collar worker who doesn’t necessarily have time to worry about a costume, but who may like to dress up in something for a party:
* Charlie Brown: http://www.halloweencostumes.com/peanuts-charlie-brown-t-shirt.html
* Hunger Games Training Shirt: http://www.halloweencostumes.com/district-12-training-shirt.html hunger games
If you are looking to make your Halloween costume stand out, HalloweenCostumes.com has a vast collection of accessories that will give you that extra something you’ve been searching for. From high-quality costume wigs and hats to costume boots and character masks, they have something to complete all types of costumes, all at a price that will fit even the tightest of budgets.